Category G: Personnel
Procedure G11: Parent Involvement In Teacher/Staff Hiring
Parents and guardians of the district may participate in the candidate review, interview, and recommendation process for teacher and staff vacancies at the discretion of the Principal. When a vacancy is for a position shared among multiple buildings, at least one person representing each building will be invited to participate.
1. The principal will seek parent/guardian participation on the interview committee for a teacher or staff vacancy. The principal(s) will identify the number of parent/guardian slots to be filled on the interview committee.
2. At the principal’s discretion the following practices may be followed:
- The principal may select a parent/guardian from the School Council or Parent Guardian Organization.
- The principal may seek volunteers from a group of parents/guardians deemed to have greater interest and/or knowledge about the vacancy.
- The parent/guardian body may determine the process for selecting its representative(s) and will report the name and address for each representative to the Principal.
3. The principal(s) will notify the Human Resources Office of the names and addresses of the parent/guardian representative(s) who will participate for each interview process.
4. The parent/guardian representative(s) will be a full participant in all facets of the staff recommendation process. This includes application review, interviewing, voting on a recommended candidate to the Superintendent, and participation in any review sessions to resolve any conflicts or problems that might arise if there are questions concerning the recommendation. The parent/guardian will be held to the same requirements of confidentiality regarding the process as staff on the committee.
POLICY KB: Parent Involvement In The Schools