MINISTERS OF GRACE EPISCOPAL CHURCH
Throughout the years, Grace Church has had several ministers dating back from 1864 to the present. They all have different backgrounds and have come from different places.
On our visit to Grace Church we learned that the ministers are called priests in the Episcopal Church. The Rector of the church today is Reverend Robert Hirschfield.
Here are some of the past priests who have served at Grace Church, they are:1. Samuel Parker from 1864-1869
2. Andrew Mockie from 1869-1871
3. Henry Freeman Allen from 1872-1877
4. Frederick Burgess from 1877-1883
5. Samuel Snelling from 1883-1888
6. William James Tilley from 1888-1893
7. David Sprague from 1893-1907
Rev. David Sprague was a Rector at Grace Church for 14 years. Sprague died when he was 58 years old. He died in his home in Northampton Ma. On a Friday night. His funeral was held in the Church St. John in Northampton Ma. He died in April 21 1918.
9. Ellis Bishop from 1912-1915
10. Harvey Coke Parker from 1915-1924
11. Arthur Lee Kinsolving [Jesse Mclane Trotter was the assistant for Kinsolving] from 1924-1930
12. Charles Howard Cadingan from 1930-1939
13. Jesse Mclane Trotter from 1939-??
[Jesse Mclane Trotter was a student at Amherst College when Arthur Lee
Kinsolving was a minister.]
14. Rev. Chandler McCarty in 1947
15. John B. Coburn from 1948-?
16. Dr. Young Chun Ts’ai he was the Summer Preacher in the summer of 1949
17. Richard S. Knight from 1959-??
18. James F. Clark from 1972-??
19. Sarah Jane Shofstall from 1997.
Sarah probably was the first women Minister at Grace Church.
20. Reverend A. Robert Hirshfield from 2001-present.