- Budget Information
- Business Office
- General Information
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Policy Manual
- School Committee
- Teaching and Learning
- English Language Learning
- No Child Left Behind (NCLB)
- School Year Calendar
- Section 504
- Special Education
- Summer School
- Contact Us
The mission of Amherst Regional High School is to create a dynamic learning community where students and staff work together and where students are supported and challenged to achieve their intellectual, creative, social, and civic endeavors. With parent and community participation, staff and students strive to ensure a safe environment and to promote respect and appreciation for the diversity of individuals, cultures, and learning styles. The following data illustrates the successful implementation of this mission.
Awards/Special Distinctions in 2006-2007
• One Finalist and two Outstanding Participants in the National Achievement Scholarship Program
• Two National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholars
• Two NCTE Achievement Awards in Writing
• Varsity JETS Teams ranked 10th and 23rd in National; 1st, 2nd and 4th in State; Junior Varsity JETS Teams ranked 2nd in National; 1st, 4th and 5th in the State.
• Eleven Advanced Gold Medalists and 2 Intermediate Gold Medalists in the National Russian Essay Contest; eight Gold Medalists in the International Russian Competition; 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in the New England Olimpiada of Spoken Russian.
• Twelve National Latin Exam Gold Medalists and 22 National Latin Exam Silver Medalists.
ARHS Class of 2007
There were 320 graduates in the class of 2007. 291 (91%) are attending colleges/post secondary programs. Plans of those not attending school include working while establishing residency in another state, traveling, doing volunteer work in Africa, teaching English abroad (Korea, China and South America), studying cooking in Japan, attending the “Class Afloat” program, entering the Marine Corps, and working.
Last updated November 09, 2008