Due Date: Monday, 9/10/12:
Once you have determined the style for a website using the template page and internal style, create an external style sheet and move the style code into it.
- Create an external style sheet in notepad
- Remember to save it with a .css file extension
- Link all pages that will use that style sheet to it using this link:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="tutorial.css" / >
- You may find that you will create more than one style sheet for a site, but the power of external style is that you can change the whole site's style from one place.
- Try to bring all style into one style sheet, especially for small sites.
- Once you have the external style sheet set up, explore how you can easily manipulate style from that one page.
- Create 3 pages that all link to one external style sheet.
- Include some internal and inline style in this assignment as well.
In the style sheets set the code for the following:
- Background: image or color
- Text: color, alignment, background-color and line-height
- Font: family, size, style, variant and boldness
- Border: look at all border properties, but learn bottom border in particular
- Margin: left, right, top and bottom
- Padding: left, right, top and bottom
- Lists: different markers in ordered and unordered lists; set an image as the list-item marker
- Pseudo-classes: set the color for these states of hyperlinks: link, visited, hover