The School Committee believes that the student is the focal point of all operations of a school system.
The Committee and staff will work together to establish an environment conducive to the best learning achievements for each student through meeting the following goals regarding students:
- To have high expectations for individual student achievement to help each reach their fullest potential.
- To individualize the learning program in order to provide appropriately for each student according to his/her specific background, capabilities, learning styles, interests and aspirations.
- To expect appropriate behavior by each student.
- To protect and observe the legal rights of students.
- To enhance the self-image of each student by helping her/him feel respected and worthy through a learning environment that provides encouragement through success.
- To provide an environment of reality in which students can learn personal and civic responsibility for their actions through meaningful experiences as school citizens.
- To deal with students in matters of discipline in a just and constructive manner.
- To provide in every way possible for the safety, health and welfare of students.
- To promote regular attendance in school.
Region Voted to Approve: 2/24/83
Amherst Voted to Approve: 8/9/83
Pelham Voted to Approve: 4/5/83
Effective Date: 2/24/83